Nintendo announced that Metroid Prime 4 development is restating from the beginning, and development is handed over to original Metroid Prime dev, Retro Studio.
Rare announced that Sea of Thieves is getting an update which will cut the game size in half. But you have to reinstall the game.
On Xbox One, the game will shrink from 35GB to 10GB, and 47GB to 25GB on Xbox One X, PC will go from 47GB to 27GB.
The update will arrive on February 6th on all platform.
In the Steam 2018 review post, they also showed some sneak peeks of the upcoming changes to the Steam. Including recommendation system update, Steam China, PC Cafe Program, and more.
Although they don’t tell specifically how each of the change will work, it is worth noting what they chose to do with rising competition.
Here’s the full list:
- Store Discoverability: We’re working on a new recommendation engine powered by machine-learning, that can match players to games based on their individual tastes. Algorithms are only a part of our discoverability solution, however, so we’re building more broadcasting and curating features and are constantly assessing the overall design of the store.
- Steam China: We’ve partnered with Perfect World to bring Steam onshore into China. We’ll reveal more details about this in the coming months.
- Steam Library Update: Some long awaited changes to the Steam Client will ship, including a reworked Steam Library, built on top of the technology we shipped in Steam Chat.
- New Events System: We’re upgrading the events system in the Steam Community, enabling you to highlight interesting activities in your games like tournaments, streams, or weekly challenges.
- Steam TV: We’re working on expanding Steam TV beyond just broadcasting specific tournaments and special events, in order to support all games.
- Steam Chat: We’re going to ship a new Steam Chat mobile app, so you can share your favorite GIFs with your friends while on the go.
- Steam Trust: The technology behind Trusted Matchmaking on CS:GO is getting an upgrade and will become a full Steam feature that will be available to all games. This means you’ll have more information that you can use to help determine how likely a player is a cheater or not.
- Steam PC Cafe Program: We are going to officially ship a new PC Cafe Program so that players can have a good experience using Steam in hundreds of thousands of PC Cafes Worldwide.
Considering PC cafe, cheating, and streaming is big thing in China(and Asia), and huge growth in market in that region, it seems to me that Steam is focusing to Asian market in 2019, like other tech company.
For the full Steam’s 2018 Year Review article, click here.
Even though Microsoft started offering users a option to delay automatic updates, it’s only limited to enterprise users and it’s still a “delay”.
But there is a way to “turn off” or “disable” Windows 10 update, no matter which version you’re using.
First, open Network & Internet settings by right-clicking your Network Icon on the taskbar, or go to Settings – Network & Internet.
Then, click the “Change connection properties”.
Scroll down and turn on the “Metered connection”. This will disable your automatic Windows update and you will have to check update manually if you want update.
Battlefield V Chapter 1: Overture update, which deployed on December 4th, features DXR Ray Tracing optimizations, improving performance up to 50%. Along with a new single-player War Story, a new multiplayer map, Practice Range, and a number of other gameplay enhancements.
Now RTX 2080 Ti will get over 60 FPS at 2560×1440 with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Ultra. RTX 2080 at over 60 FPS at 2560×1440 with Medium DXR. And RTX 2070 at over 60 FPS at 1920×1080 with Medium DXR.
In the release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft released Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR). Which will gives all developers a access to RTX hardware support of ray tracing, by using industry standard API.