Crytek revealed real-time ray traced scenes which rendered with AMD‘s Vega 56 GPU in Cryengine.
Student at Karlsruhe, Christoph Schied, implemented ray tracing technology into the Quake II.
Check out more about the project here.
RTX 2060 will have 1680MHz boost clock and 6GB GDDR6. And will cost $349 (FE).
Learn more about RTX 2060 here.
Battlefield V Chapter 1: Overture update, which deployed on December 4th, features DXR Ray Tracing optimizations, improving performance up to 50%. Along with a new single-player War Story, a new multiplayer map, Practice Range, and a number of other gameplay enhancements.
Now RTX 2080 Ti will get over 60 FPS at 2560×1440 with DXR Raytraced Reflections set to Ultra. RTX 2080 at over 60 FPS at 2560×1440 with Medium DXR. And RTX 2070 at over 60 FPS at 1920×1080 with Medium DXR.
Recommended Battlefield V DXR PC Requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10 October 2018 Update (1809)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 or Intel Core i7 8700
- Memory: 16GB RAM
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
- DirectX: DirectX Raytracing Compatible video card
- Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
- Available Disk Space: 50GB
In the release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update, Microsoft released Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR). Which will gives all developers a access to RTX hardware support of ray tracing, by using industry standard API.